Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Announcement: All Nassau based sailing cancelled this weekend.

Dear all,

With Tropical Storm Sandy heading directly for us and bringing winds in excess of 50 mph along with a whole lot of rain we have decided to cancel sailing this week and turn our attention to securing our boats and equipment. For some it may even mean battening-up. 

As a heads-up, I am away from October 29 to November 14. In my absence Donico will be in charge of the junior sailing and will be assisted by some of our older juniors who have had experience teaching as Assistant Instructors in our Summer Sailing Camps. The weather next week looks great so we will be back to normal next Thursday, Friday and Saturday. As a reminder to the Sunfish sailors, the Sunfish National Championship Regatta is November 3 & 4. Please let Donico know you will be sailing in this event if you wish to do so.

Hopefully Sandy will be kind to us.

Best regards,


Robert Dunkley
Director - Bahamas National Sailing School
c/o Nassau Yacht Club
P.O. Box N-752
Nassau, Bahamas

No comments:

Post a Comment